Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Clinicals, Italy, and so much more!

Where do I start? So for the past 7 weeks I have been in Richlands, VA fulfilling my acute care rotation at a hospital called Clinch Valley Medical Center. It has been a really long 7 weeks as I have been working 6 days a week to get done a week early. This has of course been great because now.... we are going to ITALY!!! The last day of my clinical is tomorrow and we leave on Saturday to go to Italy for 2 weeks! We will be hitting up Rome, Florence, Verona, and Venice. We are super excited. I can't wait to stand beneath the Sistine chapel, see the colloseum, Michaelangeo's David, the leaning tower of Pisa, Juliet's balcony, and so much more! This is going to truly be an experience of a lifetime! I promise to do my best to post pictures and keep anyone who actually reads this thing updated!
In other exciting news, since I last posted, my sister is pregnant (about 5 months now), my niece was born 7 weeks early, and my sister in law Rachel is engaged! So my sister surprised us all by announcing her pregnancy on our trip to Alaska for my brother's graduation. They still don't know what they are having yet, but we are stoked whether it is a boy or a girl! My first niece Gabriella Christine Dargis was born 7 weeks early in a scary situation; my sister in law Carmen woke up covered in blood with a detached placenta. The good news is that after an emergency C-section both Carmen and Gabby are doing great. She is growing daily and has finally been allowed to go home... she only weighs 4 lbs! And just a week ago Rachel and Jordan got engaged and are looking at getting married in February or March.. they are still in the planning stages but are super excited to get married and start their life together.
Lucas and I are doing great... it has been really hard to be apart for these last 7 weeks, especially knowing that we will be apart for another 2 months for my next clinical as well. Fortunately, God saw fit to give us a wonderful 2 week vacation in Italy together; hopefully it will be wonderful and just what we need! Well that's all for now... I will try to do better with posting ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment