Friday, May 13, 2011
Rule #1 The tagged person must write their answers on their blog and replace any questions they dislike with a new question formulated by themselves
Rule #2 The tagee must tag 5 other people to do this quiz and must name who tagged them. Well, as previously stated, my sister Michelle tagged me... and I'll tag Dana, my sister-in-law Rachel, Francesca, Catie, and Amanda.
1. What is one word that can best be used to describe you? Real. I thought it was interesting that my sister chose this same word, I've always thought it was the most appropriate word for me. I have no desire to pretend to be someone I'm not; what you see is what you get, for better or for worse.
2. If you could have a dream come true, what would it be? I guess it's always been kind of a fantasy of mine to know if I could have made it as an actress or singer, so I'd like to see what it would be like to be a celebrity for a day.
3. What would you do with a billion dollars? Invest it, give it to charity, travel everywhere, make sure my family was provided for.
4. What helps to pull you out of a bad mood? Lucas. He has a way of leveling me. It's also hard to be mad when I look at Maddox's sweet face.
5. What is your bedtime routine? Shower, pump, bottle prep for morning and daycare, brush my teeth, jammies, bed.
6. What activities did you do in High School? If you could go back would you do the same, or something different? Oh geez, I did everything... choir, honor society, bible club, student government, x country ski team, swim team, volleyball team. No regrets... whatever I did made me who I am today.
7. What kind of books do you read? I like science fiction/fantasy but I'll read just about anything if I have the time.
8. How do you see yourself in 10 years? Pretty much like I am now, working half-days and then spending the rest of the day with the kiddos. Possibly in Colorado.
9. What's your favorite piece of clothing you own? I don't think I can answer this! I have a new teal/aqua colored silk dress I love. I'll pick that for now.
10. What kind of skin care do you use? Don't... soap and water with a washcloth.
11.What's the first thing you do when you wake up? Turn off the alarm, turn on the curling iron and the coffee pot as I grab the pump.
12. If you could have any job, regardless of income, what would it be? I don't know. I like being a physical therapist... but I'd rather be in an outpatient setting.
13. If you could pick a new name for yourself, what would it be? I like my name... it would be fun to have a more exotic or sophisticated name though, like Jasmine or Vivienne.
14. If you had to choose between 6 months of sun or 6 months of rain, which would you choose? Six months of sun. Hands down.
15. If you could only eat one thing for the next 6 months what would it be? Bread.
16. What is the thing you enjoy about blogging the most? I like that it's a way of remembering things I don't want to forget... I enjoy reading back over my old ones and remembering things I'd totally forgotten or the excitement I felt during a time in my life.
17. Do you prefer salty or sweet foods? Salty, although I love sweets too.
18. What items are in your purse right now? Coupons I'll probably never use, a broken pen, my wallet, and my keys.
19. What do you watch on television that you know you shouldn't? We actually just got rid of cable, for which I am really happy. But Dexter (where you end up rooting for the main character who is a serial killer) and True Blood (which I've kind of lost interest in due to it being really weird)
20. What is the best memory you have of the person who tagged you? The best? I don't know. There are lots of good memories, I can't pick the best, but I loved meeting Lane for the first time and asking Michelle if it was fun to know that she was Lane's favorite person in the world... watching her glow with being a new mother was special.
Monday, May 2, 2011
We went wine tasting with Glen and Kathryn yesterday to divine llama vineyards, vineyard 4201, and Flint Hill vineyard... it was a good time! On Saturday our neighbors are renewing their wedding vows and on Thursday we are celebrating graduation with a friend. It's going to be a busy week! Lucas' business Cucumber is making good progress. I'm so excited for them, it sounds like they will have an actual product (a very rough draft) done by the end of the month... apparently the wives are to be the guinea pigs. I am so proud of Lucas (and his friends) for taking this leap of faith and taking action to make their dreams a reality... it takes a lot of courage! And to be quite honest, I'm not sure if I would have the courage to take such a risk. It's easier for me to trust that he will succeed!
Bin Laden was killed today. I guess when I'm reading back over these it will be interesting to have that mentioned as an important day in history. Even though I'm sure the world is a better place without him, I'm still glad that I was not responsible for the order that took his life. I hope that Obama and God had a long conversation about that order; it's one thing to make decisions that indirectly take lives, it's a completely different thing to make an order to directly take someone elses.
That's all I've got for now... I'm sick, and tired so I quit! lol...
Friday, April 15, 2011
Our lovely house blooming in spring! I've been busy getting the hang of my new job. I transferred facilities, from the Brian center in Winston to the one in Lexington... I have yet to get everything down, but everyone is very friendly. I even have my own desk! Silly that I'm so excited about that... but I am. :) Most of all, I love getting a paycheck and I LOVE getting to spend more time with Maddox. SO happy, like always!So because the in-laws are gone and I'm at work, Maddox has started daycare! He is doing wonderfully with it and they just love him! I actually think he loves it too since there is so much to look at! The workers are always saying how advanced he is with his movements and also with the foods that he is able to eat. They also asked "does he look like his dad?"... to which I pulled out the picture of them together and they said, "oh yes, just like his daddy!"
Lucas has been busy working with Cucumber; the business he's started with his friends Rex and Jason. They are making good progress towards determining the needs and market for their product. I have to admit that at times when he is working long hours I get jealous that he isn't home more often and spending more time with Maddox and I, but I know that ultimately he works so hard for us so that we can spend more time together in the future.So... the truth. Maddox is SO unphotogenic. We have to take a million photos that look just like this one before we capture how cute he really is!
Other cute things:
He loves the book "Where, Oh Where is Huggle Buggle Bear?"... whenever I start to read it to him he stops whatever he's doing and looks at me with big eyes and then grins!
He loves it when I go "teeheeheehee" in a very high pictched voice, he can be in the middle of crying and he'll stop and laugh.
He loves it when daddy or uncle Sean tries to "eat" his neck, he squeals with delight! He also loves it when we tickle his sides or blow on his belly-also squealing and cooing worthy!He loves to eat, he says "mmmmmm" when he's eating and frequently whines inbetween bites as if we're not feeding him fast enough! Speaking of, he currently eats rice cereal, bananas, prunes, oatmeal, peas, sweet potatoes, carrots, apples, and pears.
Tuesday, March 15, 2011
Maddox LOVES this giraffe my mom sent him
Saturday, February 19, 2011
Not the finished product, but you get the idea!
It's been so nice out, we've been taking little man out for walks
Wednesday, February 16, 2011
*My mom who sent me a starbucks card for Valentine's day
*My sister's blog posts; they help me feel connected to her even though she is halfway across the world
*My son; you know that lyric "you don't know what you've got til it's gone" well, having him is kind of like that... only I didn't know what was missing until I had him
*My husband; for being so supportive and loving and telling me I'm beautiful even when I look like "frump wife" :)
*My mother-in-law who is keeping my house running so I can study
*My new job! I hope it's as awesome as I think it will be...
*My brother who dotes on Maddox like he was his own son
*Ice cream, popcorn, and wine; oh how I love thee!
*Good friends; enough said
*Sleep.... I've had very little of you the last 3 1/2 months, but I think we may become reaccquainted in the near future thanks to...
*Rice cereal; my son seems to like you
Sunday, February 13, 2011
Your first rice cereal feeding
You're so cute when you pout!