Sunday, November 22, 2009

A Time of Thanksgiving

As Thanksgiving approaches I find myself full of gratitude; I have a wonderful husband, a loving family, great friends, Lucas has a job, we have a roof over our heads and food in our tummies. God is truly faithful. I feel like recently God has been trying to tell me something; that everything is perfect in His timing. Today, after searching for the past two years, we found a church body to belong to. On our way out today I said to Lucas "maybe God didn't let us find a church all this time because He knew that eventually we would buy a house in Winston" and then low and behold, we loved this church! It was almost like God was speaking through me to me and I didn't even know it! There are other things that I want and am having a hard time waiting for; but even though my emotions may not always be on the same page, at least my head knows that God is in control and has a perfect plan for us. There is so much peace in knowing that.

I also remember 2 years ago when we were first moving into our rental, crying that we knew no one to ask to borrow a truck; I remember for the first time feeling so alone, so far away from all of our friends and family. Several times in the last couple of weeks God has blessed me by showing me how He has provided us with friends and a place to belong; we have had more people than I can count offer to help us move into our new house. What a difference 2 years can make, and how faithful that God has made a home for us here. So today I am thankful... overwhelmed with gratitude for the mighty God that we serve and how He loves us and provides for us, small and insignificant though we may be.

No comments:

Post a Comment