Tuesday, March 15, 2011

The Blur that has been March...

Wow. Where do I start? And why do I feel like all of my blog posts start this way? Probably because I'm not consistent enough to just write what has happened in the last day or two and am always trying to write about what has happened in the last month... *sigh* Oh well, I guess that's to be expected when writing on a blog doesn't quite rank as high as spending time with my son or husband. Most importantly I PASSED! I am officially a licensed physical therapist. Weird. I can't believe after 8 years of school I am finally done and starting my career. Kind of sad since I'm almost 30.... again, oh well. :) I started my job yesterday at the Brian Center here in Winston. It was both a good and frustrating day, as today has been as well. Basically, everyone seems super friendly and helpful.... but the rehab department seems so unorganized. And while I may not always be the most organized person, I do like things to run smoothly and efficiently and I feel like that's really important in a business.... so I am both impressed and unimpressed thus far. Is that clear as mud? I have hopes that with new and consistent staff that things will start to be more organized.
Family photo op!

In other news the project house is coming along... poor Dave. It is such a big task and he has had so little help. But what he has done has been incredible. We were able to paint this weekend and began putting up light fixtures and trim... flooring has been bought and will be put in this week and this weekend my dad is coming to help install the new kitchen cabinets. It's going to look like a whole new house when we're through with it! Dave is currently in the process of completely re-doing the bathroom... it was pretty sketch before!
Standing like a big boy with daddy!

Maddox is the greatest baby ever. He is now 16 lbs and 26 inches long! He has finally started sleeping 5 and 6 hour stretches after I finally consented (by me hiding and letting Lucas do it) to letting him cry some through the night. It only took 1 night and he's been doing great ever since! He is the happiest baby ever almost all of the time... he has started "squacking" as we like to say, making really loud noises from his throat and the most ridiculous faces... he raises one eyebrow and purses his lips and all kinds of facial expressions... he is so fun to watch and brings us so much joy. He learned to roll from his back to his stomach (but only to the left) this month and he gets so frustrated when he can't go anywhere yet. His hair is finally starting to grow back and I think by the end of the month we will be rid of the mullet. :) He is also eating more solid food now, about 3 tablespoons in the morning and at night. He has mastered rice cereal, oatmeal, and prunes and will be trying carrots tomorrow for the first time. I believe he'll be starting daycare on the 28th which is going to be so hard to do... I am greatful that I only have to work 6 hour days though so I can spend a little more time with him.

Maddox LOVES this giraffe my mom sent him

1 comment:

  1. SIXTEEN POUNDS?!?! What a porker! :-) Just kidding. Lane only weighed 18.5 at her 1-year appointment, though!

    You should update more often, because certain people (named ME) don't get to talk to you enough and like to at least read about your life. :-) Love you and hope your first week at work goes well!

    ReplyDelete