Sunday, February 13, 2011

Study, study, and study some more!

Well, the title says it all! I have been keeping my nose to the grindstone, studying hard for the boards. I have STILL not been approved to schedule my exam, so it may not be the 25th like I was hoping it would be, but I'm still hopeful. I got a job though! I have accepted a job at a skilled nursing facility here in Winston for a company called Sava Senior Care. I am really excited; they seem to really care about their employees and patients which is really important to me. I also get $1000 a year for continuing education (practically unheard of to get that much these days), get full benefits with working 30 hours a week (so I can spend more time with Maddox), and I am getting probably around $10 more an hour than I thought I would as a new graduate! God is so faithful. My temporary start date is March 14th... hopefully I will pass my boards on the first try and be done with it!

In other news, Dave and Rebecca (Lucas' parents) arrived on Thursday to come for an extended visit. Dave is going to help Lucas fix up our investment home and Rebecca is going to help me watch Maddox and take care of the house so that I can study for the boards. Mark (Lucas' brother) comes on Friday to stay for the weekend to help do some of the heavy labor on the house also... we will have a very full house for a couple of days! I think that's about it for now...
Airplane!
You love standing

Your first rice cereal feeding

You're so cute when you pout!

Grandma Joyce came to babysit for a few days!

No comments:

Post a Comment