Monday, May 2, 2011

Just another Manic Monday...

Well, I guess it's time for my once-monthly blog post. I've just started my 4th week at my new job in Lexington at the Brian Center. So far I like it pretty well. It's a little under-challenging, but still so worth it to have the extra time with Maddox. Speaking of the little monster, today was his 6 month checkup. He is 17lbs, 8oz (50th percentile for weight) and 27 inches long (85th % for height). He is so stinking cute. He is rocking in quadruped these days, getting so close to crawling. He also commando crawls, or inch-worms forward on his belly. He still squeals with delight and makes all kinds of gurgly noises but not really any da-da, ma-ma, ba-ba kinds of sounds yet. Although he did do "da-da" once yesterday and it was the first time we'd heard it... but it definitely wasn't directed at anyone.

We went wine tasting with Glen and Kathryn yesterday to divine llama vineyards, vineyard 4201, and Flint Hill vineyard... it was a good time! On Saturday our neighbors are renewing their wedding vows and on Thursday we are celebrating graduation with a friend. It's going to be a busy week! Lucas' business Cucumber is making good progress. I'm so excited for them, it sounds like they will have an actual product (a very rough draft) done by the end of the month... apparently the wives are to be the guinea pigs. I am so proud of Lucas (and his friends) for taking this leap of faith and taking action to make their dreams a reality... it takes a lot of courage! And to be quite honest, I'm not sure if I would have the courage to take such a risk. It's easier for me to trust that he will succeed!

Bin Laden was killed today. I guess when I'm reading back over these it will be interesting to have that mentioned as an important day in history. Even though I'm sure the world is a better place without him, I'm still glad that I was not responsible for the order that took his life. I hope that Obama and God had a long conversation about that order; it's one thing to make decisions that indirectly take lives, it's a completely different thing to make an order to directly take someone elses.

That's all I've got for now... I'm sick, and tired so I quit! lol...

No comments:

Post a Comment