Sunday, September 13, 2009

Transitions...

It's weird to think that we've already been back over a week and that I've moved to Greenville and have already finished a week at my new clinical site; man does time fly! Our last day in Rome was very relaxing... in fact, other than seeing the San Calisto cattacombs, we pretty much didn't do anything; probably the perfect way to end a busy trip. In the meantime I have moved to Greenville, NC to complete my 3rd clinical rotation at Pitt Memorial Hospital. So far, I love it. The hospital is massive, the rehab gym is phenomenal, and my CI (clinical instructor) is a lot of fun. I also love that Greenville is only 2 1/2 hours from home so I can go home on the weekends without much hassle and see Lucas and all our friends. This weekend I went home and we went to a charity event to benefit Multiple Sclerosis. I got to catch up with the Morgans and the Tishlers, so it was a good time.
As I reflect upon our trip to Italy I find that I am surprised at which moments I remember with the most fondness. For example, especially after visiting the cappucian crypt, I did not anticipate the overwhelming sense of faith and peace that I felt while visiting the catacombs of San Calisto, where archaeologists estimate around half a million Christians from 140AD to 350AD were buried, nor did I expect to remember eating dinner sitting on a curb watching a turd float by as one of my favorite moments. Lying on the grass in the field of miracles, gazing up at the Sistine chapel, listening to music watching the sun go down over St. Mark’s basilica at the CafĂ© Florian, dancing with Lucas in San Marco square, sleeping every afternoon in Rome, sitting on a curb eating a goat cheese and prosciutto sandwich with local workers, and realizing how much Lucas loves me after he lost my laptop are some of my favorite memories of Italy. It’s interesting that while seeing the Coloseum, the Pantheon, and so many other sites were amazing, they don’t compare in my memory to the moments I shared with Lucas. :) I have almost completed uploading photos to our shutterfly account, if you would like to see all of the pictures I took, click the link here: http://lucasandracheldargis.shutterfly.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment